Little island girl takes on Big Auckland City. It’s been over a year since I’ve been able to leave the Cook Islands and return to my second home Australia. To get into Australia I was required to do 2weeks in Auckland.
The longest I have been in Auckland in the last 10years is 5days so this was going to be a long stay for me. I wanted to make the most of my time and I certainly did.
Thanks to #MyGrandStay at the spectacular Luxe ‘The Grand by SkyCity’ I have had one of the most magical trips of my life. That I will always cherish. A truly five-star experience in the heart of Auckland City.
There are so many things I loved about my stay at ‘The Grand by SkyCity‘ Where to begin. Here are just a few things that made me smile:
- The outstanding service. The staff went above and beyond to make sure I felt like a true Queen during my stay. I was welcomed into my room for instance by a handwritten card from the team; fruit-bowl and luxurious sweet treats. Such a thoughtful kind gesture. They were forever going above and beyond. And I appreciated the extra-effort they put into the small and the bit things.
- Eco-friendly toiletries. I find this so rare to see in Hotels and it was really such a lovely thing to see them practicing using Eco-friendly toiletries at the ‘The Grand by Skycity’ . One of the most common things found in beach clean-ups is toothbrushes so I love how they had Eco-friendly bio-degradable brushes. Compost shower caps… doing all they could to look after our planet.
- Location! Location! Location! I loved how I could go from Robe-life to High Heals in a matter of minutes. Felt so energised and inspired being in such a vibrant area. Shops. Top restaurants. Skycity tower all at my doorstep. But also when I wanted to mediate or chill. The hotel has a Sauna; Gym; Spa; 1.2metre lap pool.
- My room. You would think being in the heart of the city. You would hear cars and people. But you didn’t. All I could hear was the sound of nature. My room was blessed with the most spectacular sunrises. I felt so at home and happy every day in what became a sanctuary for me. Was so cool to see the big city but not hear it.
- Kid friendly. Despite being a posh and luxe hotel. I loved how welcoming they were to Children. I’ve been in lots of luxe hotels and often the staff turn their noses up at kids and the sound of them having fun. The team at ‘The Grand by SkyCity’ were the opposite. I had my nephew 2year old Carter visit on several occasions. And like me they treated him like royalty. Doing all they could to make his visit outstanding. It’s such a great place for children; with the swimming pool and the Skycity tower at your door step. Sky City also always has different events happening for Children. During this visit they had an All Blacks experience and Weta workshop.
- Masu restaurant by Nic Watt: WOWZERS. Are you kidding me…this place was all the feels…absolutely magnificent. My favourite food is sashimi and fresh fish and they had this and so much more. This beautifully bold and dramatically different Japanese robot restaurant and bar in the heart of Auckland City. Is a must do visit for both hotel guests or just anyone wanting a mouth watering food experience. I visited here with friends. We were the last to leave. Such a fun night. The ambiance was warm; classy and filled with vibrancy and fun.
- Huami Restaurant: I was drawn to this stunning authentic Chinese restaurant and Bar by it’s Bold Red doors and decor. A perfect excuse to wear a Red dress and have a girls night out with one of my besties. Being in the heart of the city again made catching up with friends based in Auckland so easy. The food was colourful, fresh and delicious and the Cocktails Wow. I’ve never seen Cocktails so beautiful. A favourite was the Flox-tail. A cocktail inspired by NZ artist Flox. The drink consists of Golden run, pink grapefruit, spiced peach and a touch of art.
- The Gym: Their Gym has all brand new equipment. All the latest equipment but stocked with everyones go-to gym machines. Loved that it was postponed next to the pool, spa and sauna so after my workout I could jump in to cool off in the pool.
- 1.2 metre pool/ Spa and Sauna: My favourite thing is to do Sauna and Pool rotations. 10mins in the Sauna followed by the pool… repeat. Spent most of my time at the hotel using these epic facilities. This hotel really has everything you need at your fingertips.
I could go on and on. Instead I suggest you just book and try it yourself. I promise you it will be one of the best decisions you ever made.
Pictures below showcasing things that made me smile.
Thanks with all my heart ‘The Grand by SkyCity’ for having me. I can’t wait to return.